- legal representation of workers / liaison office domiciled in Italy
- transmission of Compulsory Communications
- support during inspections or audits
Giulio Cesare assists foreign companies in the compulsory administrative formalities in case of posting of workers in Italy.
Posting foreign workers to Italy is a practice stricted regulated by law. Any foreign company that provides services in Italy, including cabotage operations,
must comply with Italian legislative provisions and the collective labour agreements, in particular:
- the notification requirements,
- the work and employment conditions laid down for wage labour workers doing similar work in the posting location.
Article 10 of the Legislative Decree No 136/2016 establishes that foreign service provider posting workers to Italy MUST designate
a LIAISON OFFICER domiciled in Italy to liaise with competent authorities, and
a LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE for the purpose of putting the interested social partners in contact with the service provider for possible collective negotiations.
Both are necessary for a correct transmission of the UNI_DISTACCO_UE.
In case of breach of mandatory provisions, an article 12 of Legislative Decree No 136/2016 provides the following penalties:
- an administrative penalty ranging from 150 to 500 Euro for each worker concerned for breach of notification requirements;
- an administrative penalty ranging from 500 to 3.000 Euro for each worker concerned for breach of the obbligation, during the posting period and up to two years from the end of the posting period, of making available and/or retain copies, in Italian, of the employment documentation of posted worker (employment contract, payslips, time-sheets indicating the beginning, end and the duration of the daily working time, proof of payment of wages etc.)
- an administrative penalty ranging from Euro 2.000 to 6.000 in case of breach of the obbligation, during the posting period and up to two years from the end of the posting period, to designate a person domiciled in Italy to liaise with the competent authorities to send out and receive documents and/or notices.
Our guide and FAQ on posted work in Italy (Polish version).Download
Online guide on posting of workers of Ministry of Labour and Social Policies.Download